Christina E. VonderHaar
|phone||612 375-5983 (Direct Dial)
Christina joined Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A. in 2011. She is licensed to practice law in both California and Minnesota and enjoys a diverse litigation practice, having defended employers, corporations, and insurance carriers and their insureds in several areas of law, including insurance, indemnity, construction defect and property damage, personal injury, labor and employment, and contract interpretation.
Raised in Hibbing, Minnesota, Christina attended the University of Minnesota after receiving a full-tuition scholarship from the Evans Scholars Foundation. She graduated from the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science in Business, obtaining a double major in Finance and Insurance and Risk Management. Thereafter, Christina attended Pepperdine University School of Law, where she obtained her juris doctorate in 2006.
Outside the practice of law, Christina is involved in volunteer work for the Evans Scholars Foundation and currently serves as both the Diversity and Inclusion Chair for the Minnesota Chapter of the Evans Scholars program and the alumni class liaison for her 2003 Evans Scholars' graduating class. Christina also enjoys golfing, traveling, and fishing on Minnesota's lakes.
- Construction Defect
- Employment Law
- Insurance Coverage
- Labor & Employment
- California, 2006
- Minnesota, 2011
United States District Court, Central District of California, 2006
United States District Court, District of North Dakota, 2013
United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 2013
United States District Court, Southern District of California, 2008
United States of America, Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 2014
- Supreme Court of California, 2006
Supreme Court of Minnesota, 2011
- Pepperdine University SOL, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, B.S.B.
- Economic Loss Doctrine, The Interplay in Construction Defect Cases Involving Products Liability Claims, CLM Litigation Management Magazine (co-author), Fall 2012
- ALFA Compendium on Construction Law for California and Hawaii, ALFA International Group, 2007-2009
- ALFA Compendium on Insurance Law (Property & Casualty) for California, Alaska, and Hawaii, ALFA International Group, 2007-2009
- ALFA Compendium on Insurance Law (Life, Accident and Health) for California, Alaska, and Hawaii, ALFA International Group, 2007-2009
- ALFA Compendium on Employment Law, ALFA International Group, 2005-2006, 2008-2009
- "General Insurance Coveage Issues in Minnesota Construction Defect Cases," Minnesota Construction Law Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., October 2013
- "Legislative/OAH/DOLI/Medicare Update - Minnesota," Worker's Compensation Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., June 2012
- California State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Chapter of the Evans Scholars Foundation