- Douglas J. Mac Arthur
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 612-375-5980 direct dial
- 612-339-7655 fax
Doug Mac Arthur practices primarily in the area of construction law, partnering with construction industry stakeholders managing construction claims and a myriad of construction-related legal matters. His experience includes prosecuting and defending payment claims on behalf of contractors, subcontractors, owners, and others; drafting contracts; analyzing and defending claims on behalf of contractors and other professionals from multiple industries; defending contractors and other companies against OSHA citations, and; advising clients regarding a variety of issues, including regulatory issues and liability exposure.
His industry exposure also includes past ownership in two remodeling companies and a degree in construction management.
When Doug is not working with his clients, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, relaxing outdoors, or training for the next marathon.
Publications and Presentations
- “Workplace Safety, Disability Accommodations, and Leaves in the COVID-19 Era,” Webinar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., March 2020
- DRI’s Construction Litigation Desk Reference, Co-Author, Defense Research Institute, 2016
- Navigating the Duty to Defend in Construction Contracts: Where Does Minnesota Stand? Co-Author, Minnesota Defense Magazine, Fall Edition 2014
- Construction Law for Construction Management Students: Common Legal Issues Every Project Manager Will Face, Guest Lecturer
- Minnesota State University Moorhead – Construction Management Capstone Class, 2013
Rising Star®, Minnesota Law & Politics, 2021
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2014 (Honors: magna cum laude)
Minnesota State University Moorhead, B.S., 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
Construction Financial Management Association, Scholarship Committee Member 2014-Present
Minnesota State Bar Association, Construction Law Section 2012-Present