- Kari M. Dahlin
- Co-Chair - Business Litigation
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 612-375-5906 direct dial
- 612-339-7655 fax
Kari practices employment law and commercial litigation. She also defends corporations and non-profits on a variety of matters, including business torts, statutory-based discrimination and public accommodation claims.
Kari has more than 15 years of judicial clerkship experience. She clerked for the Honorable Kenneth L. Ryskamp, United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida, from 2002-2016 and for the Honorable Jill Flaskamp Halbrooks, Minnesota Court of Appeals, from 2001-2002.
Kari is a Twin Cities native and earned both her B.A. and J.D. from the University of Minnesota.
- “Return to Travel – Do Companies Face Liability in Business Travel Related COVID Cases?,” Fox World Travel, January 2021
- “What Employers Need to Know about the Coronavirus-19 Vaccine Webinar,” Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., January 2021
- “Family and Medical Leave Act Logistics,” EMC Insurance Great Lakes Public Entity Seminar, October 2018
- "Mastering the Basics of Employment Law," National Business Institute, July 2018
- "Payroll and Benefits Administration Law: FLSA, Retirement Benefits, Employee Leave and More," National Business Institute, January 2018
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2001 (Minnesota Law Review Editorial Board, Burton Award Distinguished Legal Writing Winner)
University of Minnesota, B.A., 1998
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
Federal Bar Association (Minnesota Chapter Communications Committee, 2017-present; Co-Editor, Bar Talk, 2018-2020)
Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
Children's Law Center Volunteer, 2018-2020