- Ken J. Kucinski
- Co-Chair - Workers Compensation
- Hudson, Wisconsin
- 612 375-5993 direct dial
- 612 339-7655 fax
Ken has been litigating Workers’ Compensation cases since 2013 and focuses his practice on defending employers, insurance carriers, and third party administrators in Workers’ Compensation claims brought against them. Ken is licensed in Minnesota and Wisconsin and has experience defending all manner of workplace injuries, from simple strains and sprains to catastrophic injuries. Ken enjoys working collaboratively with clients to develop robust and efficient strategies to achieve favorable results, whether through settlement, trial, or appeal. It takes team work to achieve favorable results on these cases. Ken prides himself on being approachable, hard-working, and making sure clients have the timely information they need to make effective, informed decisions. Ken has a great team of support professionals that help him provide a high level of service to his clients.
Ken enjoys participating in the firm’s marketing activities, which include providing tailored training services to individual clients upon request and lecturing at the firm’s annual Workers’ Compensation seminars. Ken also serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Practice Group and as co-author of the firm’s Minnesota and Wisconsin Workers’ Compensation Update publications.
Ken received his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2013 and his undergrad degree from the University of Minnesota-Duluth in 2009. He is the current President of the St. Croix Valley Bar Association and is a member of the Wisconsin Association of Worker’s Compensation Attorneys. Outside of work, Ken enjoys spending time in the outdoors, mountain-biking, fishing, and kayaking in the warmer months, and snowboarding and cross-country skiing in the cooler months. He tries his best to play the role of the ‘cool’ uncle when his nephews come to town and values spending time with family and friends.
- “Case Law Update: A Discussion of the Most Impactful Decisions in Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation over the Past Year,” Wisconsin Association of Worker’s Compensation Attorneys, July 2023
- “Taming the Lion: Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Case Law Update,” “Walking the Tightrope: LIRC,” “And for Our Next Act, We’ll Need a Volunteer from the Audience,” 2023 Workers Compensation Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., June 2023
- Why Bother with Time Travel When the Present Is So.....Interesting?,” “Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Roads: Wisconsin Case Law and Legislative Update,” 2022 Workers Compensation Seminar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., June 2022
- "Safe Place Statute and Work Product Protection in Wisconsin," Webinar, Arthur, Chapman, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., December 2021
- "Closing Ceremony: Round Table Discussion of Hot Topics in MN and WI Workers Compensation" Webinar, Arthur, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., September 2021
- "Get Your Kicks: WI Worker's Compensation Case Law Update" Webinar, Arthur, Kettering, Smetak & Pikala, P.A., August 2021
University of Wisconsin-Madison, J.D., 2013
University of Minnesota-Duluth, B.A., 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
American Bar Association
Deerfield Community Center, Board Member, 2015 to 2021
Minnesota State Bar Association
St. Croix Valley Bar Association, Board Member, 2020 to present
State Bar of Wisconsin
Wisconsin Association of Worker’s Compensation Attorneys