- Paul J. Rocheford
- Chair - Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 612-375-5937 direct dial
- 612-339-7655 fax
ADR occupies the great majority of my practice. I mediate a vast assortment of claims including but not limited to commercial disputes, wrongful death, personal injury, sexual harassment, discrimination, municipal liability, subrogation, construction, wide varieties of contractual disputes, products liability and professional liability claims.
The non-ADR segment of my practice currently involves handling motor vehicle litigation and general liability and commercial claims.
I have been certified as a civil trial specialist by the MSBA since 1999. I am also a member of ABOTA. I have extensive jury trial experience and have served as an arbitrator and a mediator in various cases over the past 32 years.
I am a strong believer in ADR and work diligently to make the process worthwhile for the parties and counsel. I am on the State of Minnesota‘s roster of ADR neutral mediators and I am a member of the National Association of Distinguished Neutrals.
I have been named a Super Lawyer® every year since 2005 (named top 100 every year since 2008) and have served on the Blue Ribbon Selection Panel.
I served for 15 years on the Arthur Chapman. Kettering Smetak & Pikala Management Board of Directors.
Mediation Scheduling Calendar
Please click on your preferred available date below to send your Appointment Request form directly to my scheduling staff.
Click for Printable Summary of Available Dates
- “Customizing ADR to Meet Your Client’s Needs” at Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured, No-Fault Insurance and Bodily Injury Seminar, February 2020
- “Releases and Settlement Techniques” Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured, No Fault Insurance and Bodily Injury Update, February 2017
- “Mediation and Creative ADR Solutions” at Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured, No-Fault Insurance and Bodily Injury Update, January 2016
- “Staab I & II and Reallocation” at Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured, No-Fault Insurance and Bodily Injury Update, February 2015
- “Collateral Source Issues” at Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured, No-Fault and Bodily Injury Update, February 2014
- “Settlement Documents and Releases” at Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured, No-Fault and Bodily Injury Update, February 2013
- Panel Moderator, “Mediations from All Perspectives,” Minnesota CLE, May 2012
- Panel Member, “Reinstating Civility in Lawsuits,” Minnesota Association for Justice, 2012 Mid-Winter Meeting
- “Wrongful Death Cases: Another Perspective,” Minnesota Association of Justice CLE, January 2011
- “Effectively Using Pleadings and Forms in a P.I. Case,” Minnesota State Bar Association CLE, October 2010
- "Mediations and Complicated Issues in Auto Accidents," Minnesota State Bar Association, May 2008
- "Collateral Source Issues" at Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured and No-Fault Insurance Update, February 2008
- "Collateral Source Issues: Legal & Practical," Minnesota State Bar Association CLE, February 2007
- “Settlement Tools, Agreements and Releases” at Minnesota CLE: Uninsured, Underinsured and No-Fault Update Presentation, 2006
- “Evidentiary Issues that Arise in the Context of Auto Claims” at Minnesota CLE: Underinsured, Uninsured and No Fault Insurance Update Presentation, 2004
- Minnesota Motor Vehicle Accident Deskbook Seminar Presentations: “A Guide to Settling and Releasing Claims in Minnesota” and “Rental Car Liability Issues,” Minnesota CLE, 2003
- "Settlements and Release Involving Fewer Than All Parties," Minnesota State Bar Association, June 2003
- "Rental Issues and Nuances," Minnesota State Bar Association, June 2003
- "Dealing with Issues of Fraud as a Judge, Arbitrator or Fact Finder," Minnesota Institute of Legal Education, 2002
- "Settlement Devices," Hennepin County Judges, 2002
Honors and Awards
Paul has been named a Super Lawyer® every year since 2005 and on the Super Lawyer® Top 100 list from 2008-2019. He has also been named to Minnesota Monthly’s 2018 and 2019 Minnesota 500 list which recognizes influential leaders in Minnesota, in over 60 industries.
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1988
St. John’s University, B.S., 1985
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 2005
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1989
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
MSBA Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist
Qualified ADR Neutral on State of Minnesota Roster
Professional Associations and Memberships
American Board of Trial Advocates
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
Wisconsin State Bar Association